Below is an excellent article by Kenneth Beare (pictured right) from the esl.about.com website (a great resource for English learners!) which will help you get a clearer picture of English Tenses:
Verb form charts can help give you a comparison of different tenses.
Here are a number of resources that will help you improve your understanding of how verbs are used in a different tenses:
- Verb Formation Chart – Quick explanation of each tense, followed by examples and links to more detailed information.
- Visual Guide to Tenses – Each tense is shown visually on a timeline to indicate when to use the tense
- Tense in English – Simple explanations of each tense, with examples – perfect for beginners
- Verb Types – Discussion of how verbs can be used in various patterns including the infinitive and gerund
- One Page Verb Overview – One page chart that shows all the tenses of English on a timeline
You must log in to post a comment.