Search Dictionary/Thesaurus/the Web with Dictionary.com
Major U.K. Newspapers
– The Cambridge Evening News
– The Daily Record (Glasgow)
– Guardian Unlimited
– The Huddersfield Daily
– Independent Digital
– The Observer
– The Telegraph
– The Times
1. This game will only work with the Windows operating system.
2. The game is downloaded as a ZIP file. If you have a version of Windows prior to Windows XP, you will need to have a special utility (such as Winzip) to unzip this file.
3. No technical support whatsoever will be provided for this game. If you don’t understand how to do something, please go to a website (such as www.newbieclub.com) which is a specialist in teaching people how to use their computers.
4. This program is provided ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. You download and play this game entirely at your own risk.
. About The Game
* This Hangman Game will give you fun practice of the main Irregular Verbs.
* In order to use the game, you have to download it to your computer.
* You can do this by clicking on this link and choosing ‘save’.
* Clicking this link means that you have read, understood and agreed with all the terms and conditions on this page.
* Once you have downloaded it, you need to unzip the game.
* Find the icon for the game in the directory to which you unzipped the game.
* Click on the icon and start playing.
* Have fun while you are learning!
Did Peter Piper pick a peck of pickled peppers?
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
Can you say this tongue twister very quickly?
Mmmmm….I guess you might have to practice a little, no?
RepeatAfterUs is an award-winning online library with the best collection of copyright-free English texts and scripted recordings.
A Spoken English Grammar for ESL learners, free online
British English pronunciation of names and place-names
Fonetiks: Online pronunciation guides to 9 varieties of the English language
This collections of websites uses Instant sound technology and has recorded hundreds of pronunciation samples by over 40 native speakers.
Fonetiks was originally conceived in 2000 as a response to new visa restrictions which made it increasingly difficult for some English language learners to come to study English in the USA, Britain and Australia. Fonetiks enabled these language learners to study native speaker pronunciation without leaving their homes, merely by mousing over the text on their computer screens.
Interactive course in reading and spelling with instant sound
Graded English dictations
Excellent for listening comprehension and written expression.Choose your English dictation. You’ll hear it read four times :
* first, the whole passage is read at normal speed for you to listen for gist;
* second, each phrase is read slowly twice, with punctuation, as you write;
* then the whole passage is read again for you to check your work;
* finally, the written text is shown – count your mistakes.
Free English Tests for TOEFL, TOEIC, GMAT, MBA, ESL, EFL
In addition, you can subscribe to a free email newsletter that provides useful information about the English language in a lighthearted way. Maybe, you want to make new friends and practise your communications skills? In that case you should join the e-community by clicking on the friends link. You can also ask questions, get answers and support in the forums.
This is an exciting place to share your thoughts and ideas with people from all around the world. If you like learning new languages, you should explore the Pimsleur store where you will find a great variety of audio courses. Of course you can also read more about the people who are running English-test.net in the e-business section you will get to know how this website came into existence and meet its founders. There are even two free e-books for you to download.