General and Business English 1
If you have little time to spend to improve your English, the BBC “General and Business English” website is a must.
Here you have a variety of interactive activities to choose from:
- 6 Minute English: The title says it all! Listening and Reading activities on current topics you can do in all but…6 Minutes!
- Express English: Each week a different question. Hear what people in London say, then join the conversation!
- Talk about English: A range of interesting Series about a variety of current topics.
- Talking Business: This course gives you useful language and phrases to improve your spoken communication skills in English in different business situations. Each section features audio, target language and a quiz – all of which are downloadable. You’ll also have the opportunity to practise and test your understanding of the language.
- Get that job!:
Finding a job can be a complicated and tiring process. Sometimes you just don’t know where to start looking, let alone how to persuade a company that you are the best person for the job!
This site is full of activities and quizzes to build on your knowledge of career-related vocabulary and offer some tips on things like how to put together a good CV or come across well in an interview.
You can work your way through this site step by step, from ‘Job Search’ to ‘Interviews’ – just click on ‘What’s next?’ on the right of the page each time you have completed an activity. Or you can go straight to whichever units are of most interest to you by using the links at the top of the page.
Happy job hunting!
- Welcome to London!:
‘Welcome to London’ is an intermediate English language course allowing users to practise their reading, listening and pronunciation skills.
It follows two characters, John and Fiona, through a series of situations as they arrive and settle down in the city.
So, if you are coming to visit, or live, in London or you want to find out more about what the city has to offer – then this course may be for you.
- Working Abroad: ‘Working Abroad’ is for those of you who’ve always wanted to get out of your chairs and go and do something else instead.
Each unit on the left explores different issues connected with working abroad and by clicking on the photographs on the right, you can find out about people’s personal experiences.
There are also vocabulary pages, exercises and quizzes to help you develop and test your English.
- The Handy Guide:
You must be logged in to post a comment.